Please be aware that the information in this letter may change in the event of any further updates to Government guidance.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your understanding and cooperation during what has been an extremely difficult time for us all. I hope you will join me in thanking all the teachers and support staff who have continued to provide the best education possible, whether that is for children attending school or learning online at home.
As mentioned in my previous update, we are planning to reopen the school to all pupils in September. As I am sure you understand the safety of our children, parents and staff is our priority.
We plan to welcome all children back studying a broad and balanced curriculum. In order to do that safely, we will introduce the following measures:
- enhanced cleaning arrangements
- robust hand and respiratory hygiene
- consideration of how to reduce contacts and maximise distancing wherever possible
We will also:
- stagger start and finish times to the school day
- stagger lunchtime and playtimes
- group children together by continuing to operate a bubble approach
- avoid contact between groups wherever possible
- encourage staff to maintain distance from pupils and other staff as much as possible
In order to support the new procedures we will be putting in place, we will be opening the school in a staggered process as follows:
Years 4, 5 and 6 - Thursday 3rd September
Years 1, 2 and 3 - Monday 7th September
Reception - Wednesday 9th September
Nursery - Week beginning 14th September
To support you, we have created a Parent Handbook which contains all the information you need to know about your children coming back to school. See here
Please be aware that the information in this letter may change in the event of any further updates to Government guidance. If this is the case we will let you know. We will also update the school website, twitter and Facebook accordingly.
Mr K Rogerson